NAHAD’s Hose Safety Institute© provides a powerful forum for Distributors, Manufacturers, suppliers, end-users and industry organizations to support and promote hose assembly safety, quality and reliability.
The Institute’s core deliverables are the NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines; performance standards for hose assembly specification, design, fabrication, handling and management as provided by qualified NAHAD Hose Safety Institute Members. The online Fabrication and Design Guides are available for Institute Members only.
The all-new HANDBOOK for the Design & Specification of Hose Assemblies (see the 70 page SAMPLE of the new Handbook, above) is the Institute's comprehensive Guide to hose assembly safety and provides an exceptional resource for hose assembly fabricators and end-users; 312 pages, 93 charts, 319 photos & images! Purchase your Handbook below.
Hose Safety Institute members also have exclusive online access to the complete HANDBOOK for the Design & Specification of Hose Assemblies.
The Institute is managed by NAHAD’s Standards Committee and supported by the end-users and industry experts serving on the Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council.
- Promote and maintain the NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines;
- Identify emerging issues and critical applications related to hose assemblies;
- Serve as a forum for addressing industry issues, providing appropriate input to the NAHAD Standards Committee and ensure ongoing industry dialogue and communications;
- Provide educational resources and tools to Institute Members and to end-users who support hose assembly quality, safety and reliability; and,
- Identify and engage industry organizations and related agencies involved in, or impacting, hose safety, quality and reliability.
- Hose Safety Institute Members - NAHAD Distributor, Manufacturer, and Associate members who have met a stringent set of requirements demonstrating their support for, and compliance with, NAHAD’s Hose Assembly Guidelines.
See the NAHAD Hose Safety Institute Distributor Member Application.
- Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council Members- Invited professionals who have particular expertise, experience in, and/or a broad range of perspectives regarding hose safety. The Council serves as a forum for providing evaluation, review and feedback regarding the Hose Assembly Guidelines, as well as addressing key issues, emerging technologies and/or processes related to hose assembly safety, quality and reliability. Council members are drawn from academia, industry, standards/regulatory bodies, related associations and/or industry groups and government agencies. Review the Institute Advisory Council requirements HERE.
- Join the Institute
- Distributor Institute Members
- Manufacturer & Associate Institute Members
- NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines
- Exams & Certificates
- Institute Advisory Council
- Member Resources
"Marathon Petroleum Company's Garyville, LA refinery requires that suppliers of utility hoses comply with NAHAD's Assembly Guidelines. NAHAD's commitment to hose assembly safety directly supports Marathon's quality standards."