Information Technology (IT)
- Directs and coordinates local area computer network activities personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for managing all organization technologies and providing technology support and training where applicable. Primary duties include: analyzing systems and processes; installing and maintaining routers/firewalls; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail addresses, assessing and reporting operational status; performing backup and restores; maintain service levels for data and phone connections and systems; maintaining workstations/laptops, servers, local and remote networks. Recommending hardware suppliers and negotiating cost, selecting software and ensuring proper licensing.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security and back up.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories and security.
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operations problems.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Installs and tests software upgrades; develops and implements disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintains information on all machines and assets in system.
- Continuously gathers feedback for system improvements and proposes related efficiencies.
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed.
- Maintains web-based applications including websites and intranets.
- Ensures for the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization.
- Develops and manages technology budget and approves related expenditures. Reviews and approves IT related expenditures.