Possible titles include: CEO, President, Vice President, CFO, COO, etc.
- Responsible for advising the board and keeping it up to date on any changes related to the company’s mission and goals.
- Build a senior management team; be aware of how individuals and department work together and resolve any differences that arise. Ensure employees work together towards a common goal.
- Delegate funds to those projects that support overall company strategy; reduce funding to projects that do not; Manage the company’s capital.
- Decide which markets the company will enter, with what products, against which competitors; how will the company differentiate itself?
- Create a highly efficient and positive company culture.
- Convey values through actions and reactions to others.
- Head of all sales and marketing.
- Oversees all executives.
- Oversees budgets; analyzes financial reports.
- Directs company’s financial goals, objectives and budgets.
- Oversees the investment of funds and manages associated risks, supervises cash management activities and deals with mergers and acquisitions.
- Presides over operations.
- Identifies ways to maximize revenue.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed by each department.
- Sets goals, monitors work and evaluates results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.