NAHAD wants to ensure the health and safety of each attendee is at the forefront of our minds. As a result, Convention attendees and staff will be expected to adhere to all San Diego County COVID-19 policies and procedures that are in place at the time of our 2021 Annual Meeting & Convention. The hospitality industry has worked exceptionally hard during these past few months to ensure a safe and enjoyable in-person meeting experience. Below, please find links and guidelines for the latest hotel, airline, city, and county procedures.
THE MARRIOTT MARQUIS SAN DIEGO MARINA PROCEDURES:
The Marriott Marquis’s commitment to the well-being of their guests and associates has always been their highest priority. Their already meticulous cleanliness protocols have been further refined with Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness and through guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local and state authorities. In this ever-changing environment, the hotel will continue to post updates to their site for any changes to its policies. The Marriott Marquis will also follow these event-specific guidelines:
SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES & CONTACTLESS EXPERIENCE:
- Signage throughout the hotel to remind guests to maintain social distancing, occupancy limits, restaurant operation, and/or seating capacities/reductions that are in compliance with local and state mandates.
- Partitions installed at the front desks and food and beverage service lines. Mobile check-in and key, service requests, and room service orders delivered right to your door via the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS & HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE:
- Enhanced Public Space Cleaning: The hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection, particularly in areas with high traffic including restrooms, elevators, and escalators. They are also providing more hand sanitizing stations in public spaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Staff members will wear PPE (face coverings, gloves, etc.) based on the activities they are performing and based on direction by the local authorities. Guests are required to wear personal face coverings in public per local ordinance.
- Electrostatic Spraying: The hotel is utilizing enhanced technologies, including electrostatic sprayers with hospital-grade disinfectants, to support their already rigorous cleanliness protocols.
- Housekeeping: Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival. During your stay, the hotel will only provide housekeeping upon request.
LOCAL AIRPORT PROCEDURES:
LOCAL COUNTY & CITY PROCEDURES:
LOCAL ATTRACTION PROCEDURES: